Saturday, April 23, 2011

April Showers Bring April Grand Daughters!

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't written in a while.  There's no excuse; I've just been lazy!

I have also been busy with getting the garden ready, deploying to Takistan some evenings to liberate their nation, or going to the gym.  Oh, and I became a "Grandpa" this month.  I was hoping to hold off until age 50, but 2 years early isn't so bad.

My Daughter Danielle and her Husband Ross have a beautiful baby daughter Rylee J. Caples and we drove down last weekend to meet her.  Holding a newborn weighting 6 pounds, 4 ounces seemed so surreal although it was only three years and a bit that I was holding my second daughter, Makenna, when she was that age.  It's a humbling feeling to realize that you are one of four generations in your family, and that you have children old enough to be parents themselves.  I am still experiencing new emotions and interpreting them as they come. 

Here are some photos to share.



 She's a content baby and I can't wait to teach her some "Knock-Knock" jokes when she turns 3.

This will be a short post, but in future posts, I'll tell more about my ARMA Combined Operations missions and show you photos of my alcohol related collections.

Stay safe and enjoy the sunshine!

Don

1 comment:

  1. What's up dude, this is Jered, Jess' husband from the gym.
    Read your blogs and I really appreciate what you're going through. It's amazing the connections that alcohol has with all of our functions and dysfunctions. The old saying is "the man takes a drink, the drink takes a drink, the drink takes the man."
    It's really neat to watch your self-evaluation of alcohol and it's psycho-biological corollaries. Good stuff, stay the journey bro. See you around
    Jered (jered@ourendeavor.org)

    ReplyDelete